Monday, June 6, 2011

Candy Land

This weekend one of my good friends threw me a shower for the women from my ward. It was a candy land theme and super cute! She did an awesome job. On top of throwing a fabulous shower she also had time to hand make me some adorable gifts. She made a car seat cover that attaches to the handle of my car seat that is perfect. She also had time to whip up a quilt (in her spare time).

Here is the quilt she made. She is fantastic!


My mother-in-law also finished his afghan she has been working so hard on. It turned out even better than I expected. It is absolutely beautiful. We plan on using it for a blessing blanket too which will be perfect! Thanks Mom Barth! We love it!!!!
It is folded in half in this picture so you can see the border.


I was also able to get a little "fun money" and a store credit for this cute little baby boutique here in town. It allowed me to buy something I never thought I was going to be able to get! I had enough to pick up this adorable Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag. My sister-n-law kept telling me that they are the absolutely best diaper bags and a few of my friends who have them agreed so I was thrilled that I would be able to get one without having to pay the full price. (they can be rather pricey). Todd was making fun of me and took pictures of it so I could blog since he said I was so excited about it. He told me that it's my new love... at least until little man gets here, I think I agree!

4 comments:

Jackson Family said...

Blankets are awesome! So sad that I couldn't make it. =( Missed seeing you on Sunday too. what's up with that? We'll have to have our own little shower. hehe

Jonestown said...

Sorry I couldn't make it! So creative and cozy too.

Cami said...

That diaper bag is really cute! I'm so jealous!!! all my baby stuff is old and gross, enjoy the newness while it lasts.

Tony and Traci said...

Very nice. Your bag is way cute! I'm excited for you guys.