Friday, April 22, 2011

Nesting

Today was the first day of Spring Break. This morning I realized that this is the first and only week I will not be completely exhausted between now and when little man gets here. I won't be off work again until the beginning of June which is only a couple weeks from my due date and I will probably just want to sleep at that point :)
Having said that, today turned out to be a busy day!

6:30 am-- charlie horse in my calf which required me to SPRING out of bed and walk around the room until it relaxed
6:35 am-- attempted laying back down and falling asleep = failure so I decided to get up and go watch tv in the living room
7:15 am-- Got ready for grubby day
8:00 am-- McKae picked me up so we could go garage selling and find her a dresser for her little man. Result= crappy day to go garage selling! Only purchase was a crib bumper she is going to recover that she scored for $3
9:45 am-- Home from failed Garage Selling trip; hubbie at school; start washing lil' man's laundry and putting it away so I don't have to in 8 weeks; decided to go clean out the garage between loads
11:00 am-- hubbie returned home and I made him paint a few items for me and move a few pieces of furniture +laundry
12:00-- attempt an oil change (way too long line, next week), pick up pictures from costco, lunch with Dad Barth, took cans/bottles to recycle center
2:30-- home from lil' adventure with hubbie, put pictures in frames, and back to painting projects +laundry
4:30-- decided we needed one more can of a paint, off to OSH
5:00-- fancy dinner of Mac N' Cheese before hubbie leaves for work
6:15-- hubbie leaves for work and I get back to work +laundry
9:00-- blog update to make everyone happy and realize I am exhausted and have finished all my projects that were supposed to last all next week!

Oh well, at least I finished them!

We have had a huge blank wall in the living room that we could decide what to put up. The other day I saw some frames that were relatively cute at Wally World for only $3 a piece so I bought them and made a collage on the wall. Now I just need a cute little table and lamp to go under them (I'm waiting for Barth family pictures in July before I finish the right half of the collage and for lil' man to get here before I finish the pictures in the middle)


These frames were on the tables at our wedding reception. We repainted all the black ones brown and kept the white ones. I put a few dots on them to match his bedroom. The green background is extra fabric from his crib skirt I made the other day. The vinyl is on order so I can cut out the letters in his name (you can't know that yet so don't ask)and put each letter on a frame.

1 comment:

Ludlow Family said...

Wow, you were nesting! I wish I could do all that in one day. Love the collage on the wall, very nice and the green picture frame, really cute. Miss you tons! Can't wait to meet the lil man.