Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Final project of the summer

NOTICE: This is in NO way an announcement of any kind...just know that before you read ahead.

A few weeks ago my friend gave us her rocker-glider that she didn't want anymore. It will be perfect when we have kiddo's. It was a little outdated so I decided that before I put it in the garage and forget all about it I should make it worth the extra space it is going to take up.

Here is an example of what it looked like before (I didn't take a picture so I found one similar online)


I sanded it down completely, primed it, and painted it a creamy white color, then finished with a coat of polyurathane.


My next step in the project is to get some fun fabric to cover the awesome green color the pads are. I am thinking something like...


or

or

or

or

or maybe


I guess I will have to pick something eventually but all I was really worried about was getting the tough part done. The fabric is going to have to wait!

No comments: