Friday, June 4, 2010

Let the Summer Projects Begin

Back a few years ago my parents got a new kitchen table and I got their old one. At the time we had a friend who offered to paint the table for us since I wanted it black. When they painted it they never put a protective coat over the top. That would be fine except I had the table in storage for over a year before we got married and into our own place. The paint started chipping really bad and pealing off so it needed a face-lift.

Having said all that, one of my projects on my list of "to-do's" has been to refinish this table. (here is the only pic I could find, but you can see how the paint is chipping and scuffed)



So I sanded it down, re-painted it, distressed the edges, and then put a much needed protective coat over the top!


Half sanded half not


1st coat of Paint


Finished Top


Finished Bottom

The only thing missing now is the chiars being finished. Those will have to wait for another day!

3 comments:

Tony and Traci said...

Looks great, Whitney!!

Nate said...

Hey Whitney, its Vanessa. The table looks awesome! Do you have to sand down all of the chairs too or just repaint? Don't they have lots of little nooks and cranies? Good luck with it! Can't wait to see more summer projects!

Audra said...

wow good job, looks great!