Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Candy Canes"

Apparently not many teachers have been sick this week so I have been home all week trying to keep busy. The other hard part is that it has been raining all week long (at this very moment it's hailing with a side of thunder and lightening) and I don't want to go out. Todd realized that I was going crazy so he bought me some fabric I have been wanting to make curtains for our living room! I was so excited... PROJECT! I think they turned out pretty good. I even had a little extra to make a few throw pillows. Anyway, here is the final product. I think they turned out pretty cute. Todd thinks they look like candy canes!

Slowly but surely we are adding all the little touches to our place and making it our home. Next project, refinishing this little shelf to use as a end table.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love all of your projects! It totally makes me want to do something crafy too but I'm hoping we'll be back really soon so I don't want to spend money. I have a feeling when we do get back and into our own place I might have 10 years of built up projects explode all at once! You'll have to give me lots of tips! I love your candy cane curtains and pillows!

Audra said...

Very nice! i like them. i'm looking forward to the pictures of the side tables.

Allen Family said...

You did a great job. Way to go! You are so amazing.

Tony and Traci said...

Love it! Finding things you can redo is awesome. We did that to our futon and "hot chocolate" table. I'm not quite a dumpster diver because I would never get in one, but I have used truck tie downs to fish some things out of them. (Severe sanitizing followed along with paint so I was ok with it.)